Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dear Don Imus:

You're an old white crazy man. You've had some issues with racial comments before, because well, you're an old white crazy man. I understand. I also understand that the people around you should really understand this, too, and quit baiting you by reading stories that are just begging for you to say something a crazy old white man would say. Warner Wolf should've known that by telling the story about Pacman Jones not wanting to be "Pacman" anymore, you'd say something that would trip everyone's switch. And now you have to go and say you were being sarcastic. "What people should be outraged about is that they arrest blacks for no reason. I mean, there's no reason to arrest [Jones] six times. Maybe he did something once, but everyone does something once," you had to say. I mean, it doesn't necessarily jibe with your sentiments in the recording, but OK. But I have some advice for you, Don Imus. Being a crazy white man with a cowboy hat, you're probably not the guy to be speaking up for the plight of the black man. I'm not black either, but I'm pretty sure that it's OK if you don't, since there's plenty of other people that do, ones that have never insulted an entire women's basketball team and gotten fired from their jobs for it.