Friday, July 25, 2008

Where Love in the Movies, and the Cherry Pit Collide

As we all know by now, some consenting adults in Duncanville have teed off some other consenting adults in Duncanville by running a mom-and-pop sex club called the Cherry Pit in their humble abode. The Dallas Morning News and the Duncanville police this week gave details on a raid of the domicile, and its less-than-impressive decor and housekeeping. I do have some feelings about that whole thing, and they're not entirely differing from Jack Floyd's which kind of makes me feel funny inside, and not the good kind of top-of-the-gym-rope funny, either. But more on that later. But the other day, across that little feed that appears above my Gmail, was this thing regarding movie quotes about love. What would happen if I created a mashup of things we've learned from the Cherry Pit, and movie quotes about love, I wondered. It turns out, this would happen: "This is true love. Do you think this happens everyday, or just on Fridays and Saturdays for $50 with 80 of our closest friends?" - The Princess Bride "What is a friend? A friend is two, or three, or four, people sharing one soul." - A Walk to Remember "I don't wanna need you, 'coz I can't have you right now in the hot tub like I want because the skimmer guy is taking a break." - The Bridges of Madison County "Love is never having to sign a contract promising to sue our sex club if I contract a sexually transmitted disease." - Love Story "A heart is not judged by how much you love but by how much you are loved by others with fun money." - The Wizard of Oz Feel free to contribute your own - while I fulfill some malingering work duties.