Monday, August 18, 2008

What I Do When I'm Really, Really Bored, or "Lordy, She's a Test Nerd!"

I bet you thought it was going to be blog, right? But no. I started taking the TAKS the first year they provided a sample test - I took the paper version then - for a story on how hard/not hard the 11th grade TAKS is. Now, when I get bored, I go to the TEA Web site and take the test sections online, just to see if I can beat my last best score. It's also kind of an eye-opener if you've never actually tried to find out what everyone is stressing over. I think anyone who is going to open their piehole about teachers, schools, etc., should try to pass all the sections of the TAKS. You can play around with the online versions here, and downlowd pdf versions of the real thing, and an answer key to check those answers, here.