Friday, November 14, 2008

Know Your Blogger: Steve

So Steve, blogger on Homers on the Range, wrote me a few weeks ago because he loves Know Your Blogger. As do I, Steve. As do I. But seriously, inclusion is as easy as that (well, for this anyway. I can't guarantee the Dallas Country Club, kick ball teams, or the Beautiful People). E-mail me with your answers to the following questions, just like Steve did. Last week: Trey Garrison. Next week: Amy Severson. Name (or pseudonym): Steve Blog address: http://homersontherange.com
NOTE: I am one of three co-founders of Homers On The Range.
1. In what general region of Dallas do you live? Wylie, TX, which is wedged up between north Garland and east Plano. I wish I lived in the city every single day.
2. Before blogging, what the heck did you do with yourself? What are you doing now? Before blogging, I was a technical writer, a freelance reporter for The Kansas City Star and a public relations writer at Children's Medical Center Dallas. Freelance gigs for Baylor Healthcare and NurseWeek were mixed in there, too. Currently, I work as a writer at a small interactive ad agency in North Dallas. 3. Two things people don't know about you ...: a) I watched way too much television as a kid. I can recite the opening monolouge from the A-Team by heart, and I named my dog Higgins after the caretaker on Magnum P.I. Do those two things scream dork? Please, don't answer that.
b) Someday I plan on disappearing to the coast of Maine with nothing but my wife, daughter and whatever little bit of money we have at the time. It'll be my own desperate version of Walden Pond.
4. Last five books you read, what you're reading now, and what you'll read next: "The Road," by Cormac McCarthy
"Into The Wild," by Jon Krakauer
"Boys Will Be Boys: The Glory Days And Party Nights of The Dallas Cowboys Dynasty," by Jeff Pearlman
"Isaac's Storm," by Erik Larson
"The Monster of Florence," by Douglas Preston and Mario Spezi
Now reading: "Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal
Next: "1776," by David McCullough 5. Best piece of advice ever given to you:
I'm gonna cheat and list two pieces of advice:
"If you've made a decision, and everyone agrees with it, then you haven't really made a decision." -- from my friend Paul
"Throw the ball THROUGH me, not TO me." -- from my Dad