Friday, May 15, 2009

A Bigger Word for Fail, the Update

So as you all know, (and if you don't, scroll down a scootch), there's been this ongoing battle with TXU over a fee they said was a mistake, but went ahead and deducted from the bank account any way. Well, not long after the post, I got an e-mail from someone in the communications department at TXU, offering to help. It seems they have some kind of scanner doohickey thingamabob (I used all those words so Steve Blow can't) that tells them when there's a blog post and such about the company. Well, a phone call to this person (not gonna name names, because I don't want the poor guy inundated with calls and e-mails - his job must suck though, given the metric ton of people I've seen complaining) and then an e-mail with all the details later, and we got a phone call today from TXU, saying they've magically put the money back in our account - something they swore on a stack of utility poles they couldn't do just a couple of days ago. The transaction hasn't appeared yet, though. So we shall see. In the meantime, I'd just like to throw this out there - if you're having issues with a big entity, let me know. I'd be happy to post up your problem, and see what we can all collectively do to get it solved.