Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Dwaine Caraway, You Exhaust Me

I was flipping channels just now, and landed on the broadcast of the city council meeting. I always end up pausing on it, for some reason - at the point I initially paused, some woman was talking about being a diabetic and waiting for something. Godot? True love? A good breeze from the giant paws of Tom Leppert? I do not know. Following her impassioned, but not well enunciated speech, Mayor Tom put the whole thing to quits, and then Deputy Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway began to speak about taking two hundred million trillion kids on a bus at 3 a.m. Saturday to Houston to the Space Museum, then to Galveston, then back to Houston to some gardens, then to some chicken place, and then to another place, and then another, and another, and another, and another, and to the University of Houston and to Texas Southern University. And then back to Dallas. All in one day. With two hundred million trillion children. The Observer, it turns out, talked about it a couple of days ago. And I may be exaggerating. But not by much, because as anyone knows, you put one child near a beach, and he multiplies by 50. I hope you know this, Deputy Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway. I must nap now.