Friday, October 17, 2008

Know Your Blogger: Tom Erickson

Last week, we met Spamboy in the first non-me edition of Know Your Blogger. This week, everyone meet Tom Erickson. Tom, meet everyone. Name (or pseudonym): Tom Erickson Blog address: http://jayhawk1996.wordpress.com 1. In what general region of Dallas do you live? Close enough to Love Field that it's convenient, but far enough away that it's not too noisy. 2. Before blogging, what the heck did you do with yourself? What are you doing now? I spent seven years as an editor/producer at dallasnews.com. Before that, I was a small town newspaper reporter/editor and failed dot-com starter-upper. Since March, I've been working in the marketing department at Texas Health Resources, editing their consumer site, texashealth.org. If you need a knee or hip replacement, I can hook you up. 3. Two things people don't know about you ... I'm a direct descendant of our third president, Thomas Jefferson, and a card-carrying member of The Monticello Association. Yes, I think he had an intimate relationship with Sally Hemings. No, I don't think it's scandalous. I attended the first game at Royals Stadium in Kansas City on April 10, 1973, but didn't see much of it. My mom was pregnant with me. I was born five months and 10 days later. 4. Last five books you read, what you're reading now, and what you'll read next: "Willie Nelson - An Epic Life," by Joe Nick Patoski "When You Are Engulfed In Flames," by David Sedaris "We Would Have Played For Nothing," edited by Fay Vincent "The Art of Friendship," by Roger Horchow "You Can Lead a Politician to Water, But You Can't Make Him Drink," by Kinky Friedman Now reading: "The Great Derangement" by Matt Taibbi Next: "Same Kind of Different as Me," by Ron Hall, Denver Moore and Lynn Vincent 5. Best piece of advice ever given to you: "Work hard, play hard, and have fun doing both." Given to me in a letter from my father after I started my first job after college